Cards are available at no charge for residents of Middlefield and Rockfall. Proof of residency is required. The following will be accepted as proof:
- A valid Connecticut driver’s license.
- A piece of mail with a cancelled stamp.
- A bill from a Connecticut utility.
The library honors non-expired cards from all other Connecticut libraries.
- Books, magazines, and audios may be borrowed for three weeks.
- DVDs may be borrowed for one week.
- Items in special collections have varying loan periods.
- Museum passes may be borrowed for two days. There is a limit of 1 pass per family at a time.
Interlibrary loan (or ILL) is a free service provided to all Connecticut library patrons and allows a user in good standing to borrow materials from participating libraries throughout the state.
- Books, magazines, and audios may be renewed twice for three weeks.
- DVDs may be renewed twice for one week.
- Special collection items have varying loan periods.
- Renewals will not be allowed if there is a hold on an item.
- Renewals may be made by phone, in person, or online.
- No renewals are allowed on museum passes. Interlibrary loan materials renewal is dependent on the owner library.
Holds may be placed on items that are in processing or currently out in circulation. You may request a hold via the phone, email, our LION system, or in person at either the main desk or children’s department.
The library is fine free. Patrons are still responsible for the replacement cost for lost or damaged items. You may not borrow items if you have lost or long overdue items on your card.
Payment for the item must be made in full by cash, check, or online. If the item is an Interlibrary loan item, the replacement cost and method of payment will be determined by the owning library.
Blocks on Card
Library cards may be blocked and unable to use by the patron due to outstanding overdues, lost items and/or expired cards. See a staff member for assistance.