In order to provide fair access to all patrons, the following guidelines are in effect:
- Passes are available for check out on a first-come, first-served basis and are checked out for a two-day period.
- Passes may not be reserved, but may be held for one hour by calling the library.
- One pass may be checked out per family.
- Passes may not be renewed nor returned and immediately checked out again.
- Passes are checked out for 2 days—they are due back at the library by noon on their due date. Passes may be put into the book drop.
- If a pass is lost, the borrower will be liable for replacing it at full cost.
*NOT ALL PASSES GIVE FREE ADMISSION. Please read each pass carefully for admission rules.
*Beardsley Zoo Pass (www.beardsleyzoo.org)
Valid for $9 admission rate per person, adult or child, limit up to 6 people in your own family each day.
Connecticut’s Old State House Pass (www.ctoldstatehouse.org)
Free admission for up to 4 visitors. It cannot be used for special events, group admission, or after-hour events. Ample parking is available in a nearby garage (State Street South Parking Garage). Visitors should bring their garage tickets to the Old State House to be stamped, so visitors will only pay $5 to park for the entire day.
CT State Parks Centers & Historic Buildings Day Pass (www.NoChildLeftInside.org)
This pass will no longer be needed to cover parking fees at state parks and forests for CT residents, as all CT registered vehicles will be allowed in without a fee. This pass is used to waive the entrance fees for 2 adults and 4 children (12 years old and younger) at the following state parks that charge an entrance fee: Dinosaur State Park in Rocky Hill, Gillette Castle State Park in East Haddam and Fort Trumbull State Park & Visitor Center in New London.
New Britain Museum of American Art (www.nbmaa.org)
Free admission for any four people. One adult must accompany children under the age of 16. Pass is valid for general admission only. Additional fees may apply to special exhibitions, events, and programs. Library pass cannot be used for Docent-led tours.
New Haven Museum Pass (www.newhavenmuseum.org)
Free admission for up to four people.
Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art Pass (www.thewadsworth.org)
Free general museum admission for 2 adults, age 18 and up. Free for ages 17 and younger. The pass may not be applied towards ticketed programs, group tours or with other discounts. During fundraisers, a fee applies. Limit to one visit per day.